Welcome to Twenty Shoes. We are a homeschooling family of 10. We're wearing twenty shoes as we travel the journey that the Lord has put in front of us. Through the grace of God (and lots of coffee for this mama!), we are working, playing, learning, and ministering together daily for God's kingdom. We are not perfect...but forgiven! Come join us as we travel this journey and share life together!

Home

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Common Core


If you are like me, you have a very busy family life.  This last couple of weeks I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off (and baseball hasn't even started yet...OY!).  One thing I have been hearing a lot about is the Common Core!  My husband is a public school teacher, and even he feels he does not know that much about the Common Core and how it might affect us as families (and homeschoolers) in our country.  I do know that anything that involves "common" standards, I tend to naturally be against, because I believe that we are all different, and our children should not be held to a standard that compares them to anyone else.  I have just recently come across a couple of good articles that have helped me to understand what dangers the Common Core might really have on anyone who feels like I do about their children's education...I wanted to share them with others, so you can make your own informed decision about Common Core, and find ways to fight it, if you feel so led!
Common Core.  This site includes several articles that will inform you more on the Common Core.
Townhall   This article will also give some insight into the Common Core.  
Both are good places to start, from there I would suggest praying together with your spouse and deciding what you should do with the information as a homeschooling family.  Prayers for all homeschoolers as we face these uncertain times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget